This month’s digital Family Engagement content is focused on social emotional learning to provide families tips and strategies to support their students with building strong social emotional skills.
Please follow the link for the video “Why Do We Lose Control of Our Emotions?” for middle school students and families. High school families can view Parents Still Make A Difference, with a highlight on teen behavior and stress management (also available in Spanish).
Here are some additional SEL resources for families.
- Sanford Harmony – Free online SEL learning program for families with students in PreK-6th Grade.
- Teentribe – Peer-to-peer support group for teens faced with mental health challenges and/or difficult family dynamics.
- Care Solace – Free mental health services for families and students.
- High School Trust Your Gut – This 9-12th grade activity can be done at home as a family.
- Middle School SEL Activity Packet – These 6th-8th grade activities can be completed at home.
- Rethink Ed – Promote and support the social emotional, mental, and behavioral wellness of your students, families, staff, and educators. Check with your school on how to access Rethink Ed through your student’s clever account.