This month’s digital Family Engagement content is focused on social emotional learning to provide families tips and strategies to support their students with building strong relational skills.
The following resources are available for you.
Please follow the link for the video “Why Do We Lose Control of Our Emotions?” for middle school students and families. High school families can view Parents Still Make A Difference, with a highlight on social emotional learning supports at home (also available in Spanish).
For some additional resources for families, please click the title of each item below:
- Sanford Harmony – Free online SEL learning program for families with students in PreK-6th Grade.
- Teentribe – Peer-to-peer support group for teens faced with mental health challenges and/or difficult family dynamics.
- Care Solace – Free mental health services for families and students.
- High School Trust Your Gut – This 9-12th grade activity can be done at home as a family.
- Middle School SEL Activity Packet – These 6th-8th grade activities can be completed at home.